Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/12/03 13:46:27 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/HbaseRTDS" by johanoskarsson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by johanoskarsson:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/HbaseRTDS

  ----
  = Validating the Real-time Performance of Hbase =

+ I've done some very simple benchmarks that seeks to find out if hbase is suitable for real time data serving.
+
+ All benchmarks run with hadoop 0.15.1, 3 datanodes and regionservers. One of them served as master (not ideal, I know).
+ 894621 values were put in the table column retrieved. One separate machine acted as the client, it picked a random key known to be in the dataset and requested that.
+
+ The results are very similar to just reading values from a MapFile on the HDFS, suggesting that the performance bottlenecks are not in HBase itself.
+ Not sure why the requests / second graph is so jumpy.
+
  [http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop-data/attachments/Hbase(2f)HbaseRTDS/attachments/C__Documents%20and%20Settings_Administrator_Desktop_hbase-3n-50t-125sl-duration.gif]

  [http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop-data/attachments/Hbase(2f)HbaseRTDS/attachments/C__Documents%20and%20Settings_Administrator_Desktop_hbase-3n-50t-125sl-reqs.gif]

  [http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop-data/attachments/Hbase(2f)HbaseRTDS/attachments/C__Documents%20and%20Settings_Administrator_Desktop_hbase-3n-50t-250sl-duration.gif]

  [http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop-data/attachments/Hbase(2f)HbaseRTDS/attachments/C__Documents%20and%20Settings_Administrator_Desktop_hbase-3n-50t-250sl-reqs.gif]

  [http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop-data/attachments/Hbase(2f)HbaseRTDS/attachments/C__Documents%20and%20Settings_Administrator_Desktop_hbase-3n-50t-80sl-duration.gif]

  [http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop-data/attachments/Hbase(2f)HbaseRTDS/attachments/C__Documents%20and%20Settings_Administrator_Desktop_hbase-3n-50t-80sl-reqs.gif]

  = Real-time Query Processing With Hbase Shell =