Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/30 07:57:37 UTC

reduce finished container statuses not present at AM

Hi guys,
I was running a simple Terasort job with 4 mappers and 2 reducers using Hadoop 3.0.0-Snapshot(trunk).
I was analyzing the finished containers reported to AM in RMContainerAllocator.java -> getResources(), but I realized that none of the finished containers for reducers are sent back to AM. Is this a bug or as designed ?

I remember I did a similar analysis for Hadoop 2.3 and I got finished containers statuses both for mappers and reducers.

Could someone explain me what is the case ?
Thank you,Robert

Re: reduce finished container statuses not present at AM

Posted by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Guys,
Do you have any idea of why this happens ? Is this intended behavior ?

Hi guys,
I was running a simple Terasort/Wordcount job with 4 mappers and 2 reducers using Hadoop 3.0.0-Snapshot(trunk).
I was analyzing the finished containers reported to AM in RMContainerAllocator.java -> getResources(), but I realized that none of the finished containers for reducers are sent back to AM. Is this a bug or as designed ?

I remember I did a similar analysis for Hadoop 2.3 and I got finished containers statuses both for mappers and reducers.

Could someone explain me what is the case ?
Thank you,Robert

     On Friday, May 29, 2015 10:59 PM, Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

 Forward to yarn list as well.

Fw: reduce finished container statuses not present at AM