Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 13:23:46 UTC

Call for GSoC mentors

Hi devs,

as you know we have proposed 3 project ideas for this years GSoC and
received already very promising proposals.

Till now I was listed as the possible mentor for all of these projects
and was the contact person for interested students. Now it turned out
that ASF's GSOC rules require to have only one project per mentor.
That's why I'm now looking for possible mentors among us ODE committers.

The proposed projects are:
  Web-based BPEL debugger for Apache ODE
    -> There is already a very good application [1] submitted. The
project will also integrate Oryx (also open source, MIT licensed) into
our Web Console and we can count on mentoring support from the Oryx guys.

  Apache ODE Integration in BPELUnit
    -> For this project we have a very good proposal [2], too. Again,
this project aims at integrating Ode with BPELUnit to improve our
testing harness and to facilitate automated testing of BPEL processes
running on ODE. The BPELUnit guys will also help to mentor the project.

  Development of an XML-based migration format for process instances
    -> This an interesting project, too I haven't seen any applications
yet but I've been contacted by two PhD students who have expressed their
interest. It would be great if we could find a mentor for this who has a
deep knowledge in JACOB.

I prefer to mentor one of the first two projects as I stay in touch with
both groups (Daniel and Gero).

Would be great if one or the other ODE committer could volunteer and
take the opportunity to mentor a project (you will also get a cool gsoc
T-shirt in case the project gets accepted).

Thanks,
  Tammo

[1]http://wiki.apache.org/general/ddweerasiri/GSOC2009Proposals/WebBasedBPELDebuggerForApacheODE
[2]http://wiki.apache.org/general/BuddhikaChamith/BPELUnit_GSOC2009_Proposal_BuddhikaChamith
[3]http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009#ode-project

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: Call for GSoC mentors

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tammo,
I'll would like to mentor 'Web-based debugger project'. But I don't have
that much understanding about debugger implementation. I think I can learn
those stuff and mentor the project.

Thanks,
Milinda

http://mpathirage.com
http://wso2.org "Oxygen for Web Service Developers"
http://wsaxc.blogspot.com "Web Services With Axis2/C"

Re: Call for GSoC mentors

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Alexis Midon <mi...@intalio.com> wrote:

> FYI here the official list of accepted students for Google Summer of Code
> 2009 for the ASF:
> http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/asf
>
> The ODE project has two proposals accepted (out of 38):
>  . Apache ODE Integration in BPELUnit
>  . Web-based BPEL debugger for Apache ODE

Sweet!

Re: Call for GSoC mentors

Posted by Alexis Midon <mi...@intalio.com>.

Re: Call for GSoC mentors