Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2022/11/04 09:18:47 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 9.0.0.RC1 Released

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 9.0.0.RC1.

Downloads are available at https://tomee.apache.org/download.html

For the complete list of updates
https://tomee.apache.org/9.0.0.RC1/release-notes.html

This version being MicroProfile 5.0 compatible, here is the link
https://tomee.apache.org/9.0.0.RC1/microprofile-5.0.html

Thanks everyone for the contributions.
Thanks to everyone who reviewed and voted.

Looking forward to the final going out of the doors.
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 9.0.0.RC1 Released

Posted by hantsy bai <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have just  added arquillian tomee 9.0.0.RC1 configuration(embedded
adapter and remote adapter) to my jakartaee9-starter project, the remote
adapter works well.

But I encountered an issue when using a tomee-embedded adapter, it throws
an exception like this.

*NoClassDefFound org/junit/runners/BlockJUnit4ClassRunner*

I am using JUnit 5 and Arquillian 1.7.0.Alpha13, I am not sure why the
embedded adapter requires JUnit 4 there.

The build log:
https://github.com/hantsy/jakartaee9-starter-boilerplate/actions/runs/3395005204/jobs/5644310001

My JakartaEE 9 starter project:
https://github.com/hantsy/jakartaee9-starter-boilerplate/

---

Regards,

*Hantsy Bai*

Self-employed consultant, fullstack developer, agile coach,
freelancer/remote worker

GitHub: https://github.com/hantsy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/@hantsy
Medium: https://medium.com/@hantsy