Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Pedro Teixeira <pe...@wit-software.com> on 2015/02/16 23:31:34 UTC

Apache James - Connect IMAP lib to backend

Hi,

I need to use Apache James IMAP Lib to create an interface that allow
clients to connect through IMAP protocol. However I didn´t found
documentation to create this, specially how to handle messages that server
receives.

I initialized the lib like this:

            IMAPServer imapServer = new IMAPServer();

            XMLConfiguration conf = new XMLConfiguration(new
File("C://imap.conf"));

imapServer.setLog(LoggerFactory.getLogger(CMSContextListener.class));

            imapServer.configure(conf);

            imapServer.init();

The question is, how can I handle the client requests? How can I store the
client data to Database or HBase, etc… ?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Teixeira.

Re: Apache James - Connect IMAP lib to backend

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Look at how server module does
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/protocols/protocols-imap4/