Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/16 22:36:32 UTC

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Remove the Java sample project for Apache Shindig 2.5.0 release

VOTE is done:

2 +1 : Henry, Ryan
No 0
No -1

So I will create JIRA and remove the sample project from Shindig Java.

Thanks for participating!

- Henry

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.
On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Dan Dumont <dd...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1
>

> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Stanton Sievers <si...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I'll give this a +1 as well.  I'd ask that we discuss what value
>> samples gives us today and see if we can't move some of that into the
>> wiki.  Without samples I'm afraid we may lose some good examples for
>> component replacement via guice in Shindig.

Stanton, I don't think we even use the JPASocialModule by default we
use the SampleModule in the web.xml, so we still have an example of
how to provide your own implementation of the social APIs via Guice.
Not to say that documenting it on the wiki isn't a good idea anyways
:)

Posted by Dan Dumont <dd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Stanton Sievers <si...@gmail.com>.