Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Rob Bradley <ro...@ttlco.com> on 2009/08/10 16:26:17 UTC

FYI, how to compile for .NET for image support..

FYI, for anyone using PDFBox vs 0.8.0 via .Net...

After some trial and error I discovered that IKVM vs 0.38.0.2 does not support PDFBox image placement.  It returns an error "Not Implemented".

However, IKVM vs 0.40.0.1 does support the Java java.awt.image library a little better.  It takes a little bit of a re-write of the build.xml file because the new version has completely different .dll file names.

Rob Bradley

Re: FYI, how to compile for .NET for image support..

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
I'm no expert on IKVM, but have been using it to compile PDFBox for a while
& have tweaked the build a couple times.  I'll try to keep an eye out for
any questions on it & assist if possible.

Daniel

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rob Bradley <ro...@ttlco.com>.
Sure, but...

I am somewhat new to the Java world so I probably have over referenced the dll's.

I wasn't certain how to run IKVM's build references application so in the end I referenced all of the dll's and that worked.

It is probably adding some inefficiency!

If anyone is familiar with how to use IKVM to determine which are dll's are needed, give me a hint and I will be able to post a better version.

Rob Bradley

> FYI, for anyone using PDFBox vs 0.8.0 via .Net...
>
> After some trial and error I discovered that IKVM vs 0.38.0.2 does not
> support PDFBox image placement.  It returns an error "Not Implemented".
>
> However, IKVM vs 0.40.0.1 does support the Java java.awt.image library
> a little better.  It takes a little bit of a re-write of the build.xml file because
> the new version has completely different .dll file names.

Cool, thanks for sharing this!

Would you care to file the build.xml changes as an improvement request
in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: FYI, how to compile for .NET for image support..

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,