Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ashish Raniwala <ar...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/06 09:06:08 UTC

Effort to use/enhance Slide

Hi,

I am evaluating slide for our product and I have few questions:
1: As per our requirement we have multiple files which need to be uploaded, downloaded, deleted, checkedin, checkout in a transaction. Slide provide functionality for single files.
2: We need to add additional properties during checkin which can be used during lucene search.
3: We need to have ability to add comments at checkin time.
4: Display history and Allow to checkout a specific version from history.
5: Client side calls need to be in C++.
6: Ability to undo checkouts.
7: Display stores which user has access rights.
8: If possible use CVS as version control plugged in with Slide!

I am quite new to slide and do not have enough knowledge to estimate the effort required for this.

Can some of you guys working on slide please let me know what approx effort (75% to 125%) it will take to do all the above.

Please also let me know, do we need to use WCK, Projector etc or we need to just work on Slide?

Your help is highly appreciated on this.

Thanks,
Ashish

AW: Effort to use/enhance Slide

Posted by Daniel Florey <da...@web.de>.
Hi,
You can wrap multiple webdav commands into a single transaction as Slide
supports the transaction extension introduced by ms exchange. Have a look at
the ms exchange webdav specs to see how this works.
These specific lock commands are not supported by neon, so you may have to
implement some neon extensions...
Cheers,
Daniel