Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/12/08 09:49:03 UTC

Updates to POEditor.com

All,

As you are probably aware, the Apache Tomcat project uses POEditor.com
to manage the i18n translations used by the project.

The POEditor team have implemented a change that means it is no longer
necessary for us to escape single quotes when using them in translated
strings. The appropriate escaping is now added automatically when the
strings are exported. The current translations have been updated to
reflect this.

We have seen an immediate benefit of this change. I am currently in the
middle of re-exporting the translations from POEditor.coma and importing
them into the Tomcat source code to confirm that POEDitor's automatic
update didn't break anything. So far I have found no errors and a
handful of instances where we were not escaping correctly that have been
automatically corrected.

Remember, anyone can create a POEditor.com account and start helping
with the translations.

https://poeditor.com/projects/view?id=221603

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Updates to POEditor.com

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Nice! So we can edit in POEditor without worrying about any escaping
issue then. That's great.

Cheers,

Woonsan