Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2016/07/21 06:45:19 UTC

OSGi Installer: Restore manually overwritten OSGi configuration instance (for a component factory)

Hi,
sometimes it happens that OSGi configurations being installed through the OSGi Installer are manually overwritten in the Felix Web Console.
From that point on the overwritten configuration takes precedence over the configuration provided through the OSGi Installer (e.g. through the JCR Installer Provider), therefore the latter is no longer effective.

Reverting the configuration to the version being provided by the OSGi installer is simple for configurations not bound to a factory: You simply click on "Delete" in /system/console/configMgr and the OSGi Installer will automatically restore the configuration with the highest priority. For component factories it is different though. Once those are modified manually, there is no easy way back to the original version being provided from the OSGi installer. If you click on "Unbind" the whole component configuration is removed (and not being restored automatically).

Is this just an oversight from my side or is there really no simple solution to fall back to the OSGi configuration from the OSGi Installer for component factories?
Thanks,
Konrad

Re: OSGi Installer: Restore manually overwritten OSGi configuration instance (for a component factory)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
> It is the same: If I click "Delete" the component configuration is removed completely and not recreated until I deliberately change something about the configuration in the repository (which leads to the EventListener being triggered).

Ok, that sounds actually like a bug to me, factory configurations should
behave the same as normal configurations.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: OSGi Installer: Restore manually overwritten OSGi configuration instance (for a component factory)

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.