Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Wulf Berschin <be...@dosco.de> on 2011/08/03 17:15:47 UTC

Wrong PostcriptScriptTable due to wrong assumption in Encoding/MacRomanEncoding

Hi Pdfbox-developers,

when parsing a PostScriptTable of a TrueType font (Format 2.0:
Non-Standard (for PostScript) TrueType Glyph Set.) I wondered about the
many wrong "space" entries for non-whitespace-glyphs for which TTFDump
stated ".notdef".

I found out that
org.apache.fontbox.encoding.(MacRoman)Encoding.getName() puts a "space"
when codeToName doesnt find a name.

I have no good grasp of the TTF spec but shouldn't this method be
changed to return ".notdef" for unknown codes (means code with no PSGlyf
Name)?

Wulf