Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Raster3 <cr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/01/31 16:28:20 UTC

Dead Letter Queue

Hi,

I was looking at this http://camel.apache.org/dead-letter-channel.html
Previously I have worked with JMS dead letter / error queues using weblogic.

In Weblogic an error queue is something one configures and associates with a
queue using the weblogic console or using JMX . Depending on the
configuration after a time period or number of retries the message is moved
to the dead letter queue.

Can you please elaborate on what exactly is the value add of camel in this
context.

Re: Dead Letter Queue

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Oh, so do you need to use Camel to implement EIP[1].
If not, can you tell me why do you consider to take a look at camel?

[1] http://camel.apache.org/eip.html

Willem

Re: Dead Letter Queue

Posted by Raster3 <cr...@yahoo.co.in>.
I am also curious how the camel event notifier is implemented.
Would be easy for a topic.
For queues does it use a jms message listener or the jms quebrowsing apis?
Thanks.

Re: Dead Letter Queue

Posted by Raster3 <cr...@yahoo.co.in>.
That sounds good.
I would like to try out this. Will get back soon on this.
Thanks.

Re: Dead Letter Queue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Dead Letter Queue