Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/12 21:38:54 UTC

Accept mails on committs@camel.apache.org from camel-extra.apache-extras.org@codespot.com

The Apache Camel team also develop/maintain components at Apache extra [1].
We would like to receive mail notifications for changes done at Camel extra
which are sent by camel-extra.apache-extras.org@codespot.com.
I already configured this at the Camel extra site, but we do not receive
the commit mails.
What have we to do else?

[1] http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Re: Accept mails on committs@camel.apache.org from camel-extra.apache-extras.org@codespot.com

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Christian Müller
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did not think our project is the first one which such a request, because
> there are many more projects at code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/
> Do we have another option how we can proceed?

I wonder if the Maven PMC made such a request.

    http://markmail.org/message/irqi7rtn3vhcxzf6

    If the Maven project had not deliberately ignored an order by the board
    regarding use of our own version control system, it would not have been in
    this position today.  We have no control over the policies applied to
    software in apache-extras.  We will not allow external repositories to be
    used as an end-run around our policies.  We will not tolerate any further
    deviances in this regard from Maven.  Do it right or don't do it at all.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Accept mails on committs@camel.apache.org from camel-extra.apache-extras.org@codespot.com

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
> It's not me who will decide. We (the community) will decide...
> But I'm +1 if we can hide/disable the issue button and provide an easy to
> find/read link to the Apache Camel JIRA to log issues.

Yes we can hide issues tab easily. And yes we can add readable link on
the home page.

I'll raise a voting for this issue later this weekend. Actually that's
all I can do since my vote is not binding :) .

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com

Re: Accept mails on committs@camel.apache.org from camel-extra.apache-extras.org@codespot.com

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
It's not me who will decide. We (the community) will decide...
But I'm +1 if we can hide/disable the issue button and provide an easy to
find/read link to the Apache Camel JIRA to log issues.

Best,
Christian

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > We do not receive many issues via Google. If the notification mechanism
> > works, we will get a mail at issues@ and could create an JIRA issue at
> > Apache, link them together and update the Apache JIRA issue until it is
> > resolved. Than we can close both issues.
>
> Actually I see no point in maintaining both Jira and Google Issues.
> Google Issues do not provide any value added IMHO. And somebody will
> have to link issue to Jira after notification has been sent.
>
> The another thing I don't like in Google Issues at Camel Extra is that
> they create the illusion that Camel Extra issues are handled
> separately from the regular Camel (what is not true, since we create
> camel-extra issues in Jira as well).
>
> In case you decided to close the Google Issues on behalf of Jira -
> just let me know. I'll migrate the existing issues and hide the issues
> tab.
>
> --
> Henryk Konsek
> http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com

--

Re: Accept mails on committs@camel.apache.org from camel-extra.apache-extras.org@codespot.com

Posted by Br...@toyota-europe.com.
+1

Bruno Barin
Purchasing/Warranty Business Support
Toyota Motor Europe
60 Avenue du Bourget,
1140 Brussels, Belgium
Ph: +32 (0) 2 745 5606
www.toyota-europe.com

Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>
14/09/2012 09:13
Please respond to
dev@camel.apache.org

Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>
cc
dev@camel.apache.org
Subject

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
I created a issue at Camel extra and did a commit a few minutes ago. Until
now, no message received on our mailing list. Will ping INFRA again...

Best,
Christian

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.