Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/12 21:43:59 UTC

Tapestry 4 and BIRT

Anyone using this combination?  I am looking for a simple Tap 4 example of
how to call a report after clicking a link to it.
( I have very little experience with JSP, which is used in many of the
examples.  I went straight into using Tapestry 4 from PHP)

There is a Tap 3 example here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-tapestry-user/200601.mbox/%3C098901c621d4$2318d090$0300a8c0@PCASEY%3E

I understand all the code, up until the poster gets to this:

ReportManager.runReport(reportName, params, response,output);

I'm guessing he somehow gets the report to render itself. (It doesn't seem
to be part of BIRT)

I don't care about PDF output yet, and I don't care about passing variables
into the report.  I think i can figure out that for myself, if only I can
get a simple canned report to launch/render/etc after clicking a link!

Thanks for any help in figuring this out.

Daniel