Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by David Grant <da...@grant.org.uk> on 2007/09/18 11:38:39 UTC

Problems parsing portlet.xml

Hi,

I'm trying to use Pluto with Tomcat 5.5, but despite portlet.xml being
present, PortletContextManager states:

INFO: Registering 0 portlets for context /foo

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

Re: Problems parsing portlet.xml

Posted by Lee Butts <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm trying to embed Pluto in Jetty (I'm working on a portlet plugin for
Grails) at the moment and am having the same problem.

I've tried the descriptor-impl jar from the 1.1.4 current bundle but still
get the error:

[4156] mapping.Mapping Loading mapping descriptors from
jar:file:/D:/work/portlet-test/plugins/portl
ets-0.1/lib/pluto-descriptor-impl-1.1.4.jar!/org/apache/pluto/descriptors/services/castor/castor-por
tlet-xml-mapping.xml
[4406] core.PortletContextManager Portlet Context '/pluto' registered.
[4406] core.PortletContextManager Registered portlet application with
application id '/pluto'
[4406] core.PortletContextManager Registering 0 portlets for context /pluto
[4406] core.PortletContextManager Unable to locate portlet config
[applicationId=/pluto]/[AboutPortl
et].
2007-11-21 19:49:31.538::WARN:  failed AboutPortlet
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:437)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:256)

        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.init(PortletServlet.java:106)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:241)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:433)
        ... 239 more

does anyone know more detail as to why castor can't resolve the DTD?

cheers

Lee

Posted by Lee Butts <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,