Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brian Murray <br...@vanderbilt.edu> on 2003/06/16 17:33:57 UTC

Failure to Download SNAPSHOTs and issue MAVEN-412

Issue MAVEN-412 was opened to cover problems with SNAPSHOT download failures
apparently caused by locking of JAR files in Windows.  Corrective changes
were made to HttpUtils and the issue was closed.  Subsequently, the changes
were removed (rolled back to B8 level) from HttpUtils.  I'm wondering if
a)other changes were made that resolved the issue or b)the cure was worse
than the disease and the code was backed out while another solution was
being developed.

We're running into the problem on an irregular basis in Beta 9.  Before
rolling everyone to a current pre-Beta 10, I'm wondering if the issue has
indeed been resolved.  I've tried replicating the problem with the latest
HEAD, but I don't experience the problem with Beta 9 so my results are
inconclusive.

Thanks.

Brian Murray