Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Daniel Felsing <da...@maven.at> on 2008/07/25 13:06:16 UTC

AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: bug in felix upnp basedriver 0.8 ........m-search the problem? AH ... one more note...

Just forgot...

AND why do the "lost" event updates do not get propagated in future???...

I can start the m-search..manually...and if there would be any states
missing they should be delivered ANYTIME in the future...but they simply
dont...the upnp tester does not get notified for hours...

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Daniel Felsing <da...@maven.at>.
Hi Stefano and Francesco,

Is it possible that my issue is connected to this one mentioned in the
cyberlink forum?

Stefano answered to it in the cyberlink forum!!
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1952657&forum_id=258158

take a look at it...is this issue already fixed in the current base driver
of felix?

Kind regards,
Daniel

.
> - starting the event tester in a second osgi framework on the same host
(no
> network connection in between) gives me the same behavior as on running
over
> a network cable. So some events still missing then.

Because the two OSGi Environment communicate by means of the Network so
it's the same as testing on the remote computer

> Btw: i NEVER experience a problem with devices...every device is always
> found in every single test.

That's good :) I assure you that you may not discover some device in
certain situation...

> So i have two different things which i'm note sure:
>
> - Either the flooding is causing the problems...so maybe upnpbasedriver
> should be adapted to be not that fast in sending out events?

It may be the UPnP Stack, namely the patched CyberLink driver aka
CyberDomo, to be modified to fix the problem in general

> - or there is something wrong with (initial) "event" delivery....

I'll bet for the best-effort communication, because the test that you
performed on a single OSGi environment proved that the event are sent by
the UPnP Device, so the problem seems to be the receiver over the network.
If you want to perform more test you should sniffer the packet sent on
the network by means of Wireshark and check that the importing host
receive all the UDP with all the event of all the device exported by the
remote host. (The test may be performed also on a single computer with
two OSGi platform running)

> Kind regards,
> Daniel

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: bug in felix upnp basedriver 0.8 ........m-search the problem? AH ... one more note...

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Can we get someone to respond from a country whose subject line response
indicator is 'MV:' for a little balance.

RE: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: bug in felix upnp basedriver 0.8 ........m-search the problem? AH ... one more note...

Posted by Daniel Felsing <da...@maven.at>.
Hiho,

hm...
but the only thing the workaround fixes is when the server is already
running and after that i start the host that is exporting the devies with
e.g. 500ms
delay.

But in fact it can be vice versa. The host is already running, or the server
is.

The fix doesnt change anything by the way :( i just tried it out.

My workaround is right now - when refining driver is registering the new
"wrapping obj" for upnpdevice it gets the initial values by action.invoke..
then i send the msg on the internal event bus (event admin)
- the upnp eventing on status change  ( so not the initial upnpeventnotify
thing ) works ok for me so far.

The only thing interesting ist he following:
I have the possibility to create a new device on my upnp exporter host....ok
consider 17 devices are already exported..and i register an 18th device
...my server finds the device ...but i can start to use it (so switching it
results in upnpnotify) about ~30secs-1 minute later?...
Is this behavior ok?

Francesco..
What do you think about what i described in the previous mail?...

==>
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@felix.apache.org/msg01781.html

please take a look at it :)

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Francesco Furfari <fr...@isti.cnr.it>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Felsing <da...@maven.at>.

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: bug in felix upnp basedriver 0.8 ........m-search the problem? AH ... one more note...

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: bug in felix upnp basedriver 0.8 ........m-search the problem? AH ... one more note...

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.

Daniel Felsing wrote:
> Just forgot...
>
> AND why do the "lost" event updates do not get propagated in future???...
>
> I can start the m-search..manually...and if there would be any states
> missing they should be delivered ANYTIME in the future...but they simply
> dont...

Because the packet containing the information is sent by means of UDP
packet which if lost the sender doesn't get aware of it.

> the upnp tester does not get notified for hours...

Because it receive only the next event which arrives only when the
"evented variables" change its value

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: bug in felix upnp basedriver 0.8 ........m-search the problem? AH ... one more note...

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.