Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com> on 2003/01/28 21:42:08 UTC

(OT) DB conn pool -- roll your own?

I have a relatively lightweight webapp and I'm modifying it to use a
database connection pool rather than initiating database connections
everywhere in my classes.  Is there some [Jakarta-sanctioned] class I
should use for this, or should I just go about rolling my own?  (In my
case, "rolling my own" means modeling it after the one in Marty Hall's
"Core Servlets" book -- http://coreservlets.com/ ).

Any advice?

Erik

Re: (OT) DB conn pool -- roll your own?