Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Thilina Anjitha <th...@beyondm.net> on 2005/01/25 08:15:34 UTC

Difference between Role and the group -Newbie questin

Hi,
I saw that, using the admin console, we can add users, roles and groups.

1) What is the difference between the Role and the Group? (I really
appreciate if you provide some sample data for roles and groups.)

2)Say that I added the following using the admin console.(logging as
admin user)
users - tomi and mike
roles - Developer, Manager

tomi is a Developer
mike is a Manager

Developer has only view permissions
Manager has all the permissions.

So then, are these entries are permanently saved into the system?

3) Instead of creating the above users, roles etc using the admin user,
is it possible to create them by changing the corresponding psml files
manually.

Thank you.
Thilina.