Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ramesh Kumar <ra...@wipro.com> on 2006/11/13 15:44:25 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL Configuration for Apache 2.0.45

Hi Friends,

I have done SSL Configuration for Apache 2.0.59 using
http://www.thompsonbd.com/tutorials/apachessl.php Link. I am able to
succesfully run apache.

Now, I am in a dead need of integrating SSL into apache 2.0.45. I am
following the same steps as i have done for 2.0.59. But i am getting
following error while starting apache.

Syntax error on line 172 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into
server: The specified procedure could not be found.

Please help me in resolving the issue. If this is related to version
problems of Open SSL or Mod SSL. Please let me know the correct versions of
Open SSL  and Mod SSL.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramesh Kumar

Re: [users@httpd] SSL Configuration for Apache 2.0.45

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
Ramesh,

On Nov 13, 2006, at 6:44 AM, Ramesh Kumar wrote:

> Syntax error on line 172 of C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/
> mod_ssl.so into
> server: The specified procedure could not be found.

I am not familiar with the specific error messages the Windows linker/
loader throws out, but it seems to me as if httpd can't find the SSL
libraries. Are the OpenSSL libraries available in a place where httpd
can find them? The tutorial you quote suggests that you put them in
\WINDOWS\System32 (ugh).

> Please help me in resolving the issue. If this is related to version
> problems of Open SSL or Mod SSL. Please let me know the correct
> versions of
> Open SSL  and Mod SSL.

The latest, and greatest, is always the best, especially where
security software like  OpenSSL and mod_ssl are concerned. The fact
that you explicitly specify httpd 2.0.45 must mean that you are tied
to that version due to external circumstances: If you weren't you
might consider httpd 2.2.3. I usually download my Windows httpd from
http://www.apachelounge.com/ : it comes with mod_ssl and OpenSSL
included.

Regards,

S.