Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/12 19:53:11 UTC

Leveraging huge modularity improvements of jclouds 1.5.x in whirr trunk

Hi,

now that whirr is finally using jclouds 1.5.x, which contains great
improvements regarding OSGi, I'd like to align whirr accordingly.

As of jclouds 1.5.0 the scriptloader, inside OSGi will leverage services in
order to load script and no longer considers flat classloaders.
This allows some significant improvements in whirr:

i) No longer use of OSGi fragments is required.
ii) Since we no longer need fragments we can have proper bundles that can
have an activator and no longer need blueprint.

The later will allow ALL osgi users to use whirr without forcing them to
use the blueprint.

Since currently jira is down, I'll attach a patch here for anyone
interested in having a peek and commit that later in the week.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Twitter: iocanel
*

Re: Leveraging huge modularity improvements of jclouds 1.5.x in whirr trunk

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Andrew, if you are to perform crazy refactorings, then I think that its
better to push them before the refactorings, as they do not change anything
on the core whirr APIs and they just change metadata and also replace
blueprint descriptors with activators.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
Good idea, Ioannis.  I can help review stuff next weekend.

-A

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.