Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Nathaniel Domingo <na...@circos.com> on 2013/05/29 08:24:38 UTC

safely upgrade single instance to ensemble

Hi,

What do you think is the safest way of upgrading a single instance
zookeeper to an ensemble? The goal is not to loose any data.

Regards,
Nathaniel

Re: safely upgrade single instance to ensemble

Posted by Nathaniel Domingo <na...@circos.com>.
thanks for all your help. i successfully upgraded my zookeeper to an
ensemble. what i did is
updated the configuration and restarted the first node. then launched one
node. then launched another node.

i think the thing to remember is to launch the original node first so that
its data would be copied to the
other nodes.

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kuba Lekstan <ku...@gmail.com>.