Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Shepherd, Darren S " <da...@citi.com> on 2007/09/20 15:40:49 UTC

Multithreaded use of HashMap

I noticed two different cases where a HashMap is being used in a multithreaded read/write manner.  As we all know the java HashMap implementation does not allow concurrent read/writes that are not externally synchronized.  Is there some reason I should not be concerned?  The classes are OgnlUtils and SpringObjectFactory.  Both classes are actually xworks API.  Is xworks a different project?  Should this question be directed towards a different list?

Darren

Re: Multithreaded use of HashMap

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
OgnlUtil properly protects its caches by surrounding them in
synchronized blocks, but you are right, the SpringObjectFactory class
does not.  I fixed it in trunk.

Don