Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl> on 2017/07/26 00:03:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.1.0-rc1

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
Apache Mynewt 1.1.0.

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

This release candidate was tested as follows:
  1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.1.0+Test+Results
  2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
     test all" with no failures.  This testing was performed on the
     following platforms:
       * OS X 10.11.5
       * Ubuntu Linux 16.10

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.1.0/rc1/

The commits under consideration are as follows:
blinky:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-blinky
  commit 62dfe9154163b52ec2105ca329cc4547b7b11ae7
core:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core
  commit 641b24ae551dcadf08f4210975eec6e3ac2f79b5
newt:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newt
  commit 0e174a618b473e89b5c0d681957830f0d4b7a665
newtmgr:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newtmgr
  commit 7bdd7736c2ae8a1db826168d07459b01be891669

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
  linux: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.1.0/rc1/apache-mynewt-bin-linux-1.1.0.tgz
  osx: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.1.0/rc1/apache-mynewt-bin-osx-1.1.0.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

Thanks,
Szymon Janc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.1.0-rc1

Posted by Vipul Rahane <vi...@runtime.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding