Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Efren Gonzalez <go...@tutopia.com> on 2007/09/11 05:26:58 UTC

EJB-QL Compiler Factory

Hello

On the openejb-jar documentation, it says that the
<ejb-ql-compiler-factory> and <db-syntax-factory> are to specify classes
that know about a certain RDBMS, and that the default is for Derby.

I have used CMP EJBs with MySQL without specifying those two parameters
(it uses the Derby defaults I suppose) and haven't noticed any
particular issue, but I was wondering if there are specific classes for
MySQL.

Does anyone know if there are such classes? Maybe using the Derby
defaults work OK with MySQL, but performance could be improved by using
specific MySQL ones?

I have been looking in other threads and on the TranQL site with no
luck, hope someone can provide any clue on this.

Thanks!!

Efrén

Re: EJB-QL Compiler Factory

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have seen them used in the very early version of daytrader (1.0?) for
the DB2 plan but they are no longer used in the latest daytrader DB2 or
Oracle plans.   My guess is that they are obsolete?

Lin

Re: EJB-QL Compiler Factory

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Starting with Geronimo 2.0 those properties are ignored.   The new
versions of Geronimo use OpenEJB 3.0 which has a brand new CMP
implementation based on OpenJPA.  OpenJPA is a lot smarter then our
old CMP engine and one of its many tricks is the ability to
automatically discover the database type and adjust the SQL dialect
accordingly.

-dain