Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Weare Borg <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/11 14:26:54 UTC

Loadbalancing and failover not working.

Hello Friends,

1 month back I had asked  a question about loadbalancing and failover using
apache2 and Tomcat. I was on holidays after that and unfortunately I cannot
find the email anymore. I created a new configuration by remembering what
Christopher had told me. Now I have no holidays, so will finalize this
problem. Kindly help me out with what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to create load-balancing and fail-over using mod_jk and
attached behind are 2 tomcat instances which I am connecting with AJP.

As of now I am only getting a blank page whenever I try to load the
website.

Apache2 config :

workers.properties :

worker.list=loadbalancer
>  worker.server1.port=8010
>  worker.server1.host=localhost
>  worker.server1.lbfactor=1
>  worker.server1.type=ajp13
>

>  worker.server2.port=8011
>  worker.server2.host=localhost
>  worker.server2.type=ajp13
>  worker.server2.lbfactor=1
>

>  worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
>  worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=server1,server2
>
> worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=true
> worker.myworker.sticky_session_force=True

apache2.conf / httpd.conf :

> Include sites-enabled/
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.soJkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/workers.propertiesJkLogFile   /etc/apache2/mod_jk.logJkMount /* loadbalancer
>
> sites-enabled/000-default : Only contains :

>  JkMountCopy On
>
> First tomcat's server.xml :

> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
>   <Connector port="8010" protocol="AJP/1.3" URIEncoding="utf-8"
>  compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/ javascript,application/x-javascript,application/javascript"/><Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="server1">
>          <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"></Cluster>
>     </Engine>

 2nd Tomcat's server.xml :

> <Server port="8006" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
>  <Connector port="8011" protocol="AJP/1.3" URIEncoding="utf-8"
>  compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/ javascript,application/x-javascript,application/javascript"/>
>   <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="server2">
>      <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster">
>   </Cluster>
>         </Engine>

With this config, I get only a blank page. Kindly help me out. Again,
apologies for creating a new thread. Thanks a lot. :-)