Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/01/05 19:13:01 UTC

Adding TM to small logos, where to find Apache banner with TM

The UIMA website makes use of a squarish logo made of block with the letters U I
M A.  See http://uima.apache.org/images/UIMA_4sq.png . That 4-block design is
repeated elsewhere in the website, for instance, on "h1" style headings - see to
the left of the "Welcome to Apache UIMA" on our main page, http://uima.apache.org/

Some questions:

1) Is this logo OK - in that it just has the 4 letters: U I M A ?
2) I'm not sure how to artistically add "TM" to this.  For larger versions of
this, I am thinking of adding a small TM at the right of the white wedge between
the letters I and A, see for instance
http://uima.apache.org/images/poweredBy144x185px.png.
That logo is overall too large I think, a more appropriate size might be
http://uima.apache.org/images/poweredBy100px.jpg, but then the TM would be quite
tiny. Do we need to add TM to smaller versions of this logo (where it may shrink
to something not quite visible)?
3) Our main website uses an apache banner I found somewhere at some point.  It
is missing the "TM".  Is there an official place to get the Apache banner?

Thanks.  -Marshall Schor