Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/04/13 15:59:56 UTC

NPE in WSDLComponentValidator

Lawrence,
I hit a null pointer exception in WSDLComponentValidator.
testAssertionBindingMessageReference0060 when parsing some invalid WSDL.
See the wsdl and the stack trace in the attached files.

In this wsdl the interface operation is named 'retrieve2' and the
corresponding binding operation is incorrectly named 'retrieve3' (i.e. it
should be called 'retrieve2').

This method calls bindingMessageReference.getInterfaceMessageReference()
and a null is returned (correctly, because there is no matching interface
operation), but the following if statement:

if(specifiedInterfaceMessageReferences.contains(interfaceMessageReference))

returns true so the code drops into the duplicate error branch and the NPE
occurs there.  Seems to be caused by how the ArrayList used for
specifiedInterfaceMessageReferences handles null.

Can you take a look and advise if I should raise a JIRA.

(See attached file: reservation2.wsdl)(See attached file: stacktrace.txt)

thanks,
John Kaputin

Re: NPE in WSDLComponentValidator

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
John,

There are definitely cases such as this where I made assumptions about
what the model would return that are incorrect.

Please go ahead and open the Jira. I'll look into the problem.

Lawrence Mandel

John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>
04/13/2006 09:59 AM
Please respond to