Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com> on 2002/04/10 01:08:52 UTC

Re: Disk I/O in Lucene

Hi,

Lucene does not use the new nio API's in 1.4 (in fact it is compatible back
to 1.1.8).

What kind of bench marks are you looking for? I am currently searching over
100K documents in about .015 seconds for a simple query on a Sun Netra T1
(450 Mhz).

If you have a real need for speed, Lucene also supports a RAM Directory to
store the index. I have not used this, but heard it's faster.

--Peter

Re: Disk I/O in Lucene

Posted by Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net>.
It might also be an interesting project to implement an NIODirectory,
which would be just like the current FileDirectory, but would use the
nio API. Lucene's abstraction of a Directory should make this possible,
I think.

Dmitry.