Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mansi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/25 09:19:53 UTC

ActiveMq composite queues

Do composite queues allow to forwardTo to another ActiveMQ broker instances?
Or it just allow to forwardTo queues in the same Broker instance.

Re: ActiveMq composite queues

Posted by mansi <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.Will give it a try.

Re: ActiveMq composite queues

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Yes, as long as you can actually make the connection (i.e. the IP is
routeable, firewalls don't block traffic, etc.) and you configure the
network connector properly. Network connectors allow messages to be passed
among brokers within a Network of Brokers, no matter where the brokers are
hosted. So if you can network the brokers in the first place, you can pass
messages among them.

Tim

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I've always believed that they had to be in the local broker, though I've
never used them so I don't have firsthand confirmation of that. But sending
directly to an external broker without storing the message in a local
destination would be a significant departure from the store-and-forward
model that ActiveMQ 5.x uses, so it seems unlikely that it works that way.

Of course, you can set up the composite destination to write to a local
destination and then use a networkConnector to forward the message to the
other broker, so you can get the end result you're looking for, at the cost
of a little disk I/O.

Tim