Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Boyang Chen <re...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/02 17:23:23 UTC

Add a customized logo for Kafka Streams

Hey Apache Kafka committers and community folks,

over the years Kafka Streams has been widely adopted and tons of blog posts
and tech talks have been trying to introduce it to people with need of
stream processing. As it is part of Apache Kafka project, there is always
an awkward situation where Kafka Streams could not be campaigned as a
standalone streaming engine, and makes people confused about its relation
to Kafka.

So, do we want to introduce a customized logo just for Streams? The
immediate benefit is when people are making technical decisions, we could
list Streams as a logo just like Flink and Spark Streaming, instead of
putting Kafka logo there as it is not literally a legitimate comparison
between processing framework and messaging system. Should we do a KIP for
this?

Boyang

Re: Add a customized logo for Kafka Streams

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
I like the drawings too :)

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Add a customized logo for Kafka Streams

Posted by Patrik Kleindl <pk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.
I also like this one!

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
I personally love it!

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sophie,

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Add a customized logo for Kafka Streams

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.