Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Samuel Gutierrez <sa...@iherb.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/27 00:34:10 UTC

OR clause in json post request

I am working on a json post request where I need to mix AND and OR clauses
for example:
Condition1 AND Condition2 AND Condition3 AND Condition4 AND (Condition5 OR
Condition6)
What I have (which works correctly for filtering documents) is this:
"filter": [
    "Condition1"
    "Condition2",
    "Condition3,
    "Condition4",
    {
      "bool": {
        "should": [
          {
            "#excf": "Condition5"
          },
          {
            "#exhtf": "Condition6"
          }
        ]
      }
    },
  ],
However it looks like the tagging portion of the OR clause is not working
as expected. Is tagging not respected when using a bool condition or is
there another way to do this?

Thanks,
Sam

--
*The information contained in this message is the sole and exclusive
property of ***iHerb Inc.*** and may be privileged and confidential. It may

Re: OR clause in json post request

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.
Once you introduce an AND with an or condition logic starts getting funky. But hard to tell without the actual queries

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hello, Sam.
It's hard to grasp but probably
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_8/json-query-dsl.html#additional-queries
may do what you need.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 10:34 AM Samuel Gutierrez
<sa...@iherb.com.invalid> wrote:

> I am working on a json post request where I need to mix AND and OR clauses
> for example:
> Condition1 AND Condition2 AND Condition3 AND Condition4 AND (Condition5 OR
> Condition6)
> What I have (which works correctly for filtering documents) is this:
> "filter": [
>     "Condition1"
>     "Condition2",
>     "Condition3,
>     "Condition4",
>     {
>       "bool": {
>         "should": [
>           {
>             "#excf": "Condition5"
>           },
>           {
>             "#exhtf": "Condition6"
>           }
>         ]
>       }
>     },
>   ],
> However it looks like the tagging portion of the OR clause is not working
> as expected. Is tagging not respected when using a bool condition or is
> there another way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam
>
> --
> *The information contained in this message is the sole and exclusive
> property of ***iHerb Inc.*** and may be privileged and confidential. It
> may
> not be disseminated or distributed to persons or entities other than the
> ones intended without the written authority of ***iHerb Inc.** *If you
> have
> received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may
> not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it. Do not open any attachments.
> Please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender
> promptly by e-mail that you have done so.*

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev