Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Meeraj Kunnumpurath <m....@hotmail.co.uk> on 2007/03/18 21:46:45 UTC

Component group

Hi,

I have been looking at the type parameter GROUP that has been added to PCD,
which is not formalized anywhere down the inheritance tree. This means, the
marshallers and unmarshallers won't be able to work against a static type
that can be reflectively introspected at runtime, becuase of erasure. I was
thinking if it is just an idenifier for the group to which a component
belongs, can we just define it as a URI rather than a type parameter?

Ta
Meeraj

Re: Component group

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
+1 it was there for type safety in runtime but if it makes it hard to
marshall no problem removing it

I removed a couple of leftover references to <GROUP> in the JavaDoc
as well
--
Jeremy