Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "de Jong, Wout" <Wo...@atosorigin.com> on 2004/03/17 13:43:07 UTC

searching for text in revisions

Hi,

Is it possible to search for certain pieces of code/text in revision-files in the repository? As only changes are stored (even for binaries), I think it's hard to have something like MS Indexing Service scan for certain pieces of code/text in all the versioned files.

TIA.

I'm an svn newbie.

I searched the mailing list archive, but couldn't find anything useful.

Please reply to my address, as I'm not a member of this list.

--

Wout de Jong
Consultant

Atos Origin
Enterprise Solutions / SAP / AppDev&Tech
De Run 1121, 5503 LB, VELDHOVEN, The Netherlands
Fax: +31 (0)40 2686927
Mobile: +31 (0)6 51677965

Re: searching for text in revisions

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 07:43, de Jong, Wout wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to search for certain pieces of code/text in revision-files in the repository? As only changes are stored (even for binaries), I think it's hard to have something like MS Indexing Service scan for certain pieces of code/text in all the versioned files.

Yes, use the libsvn_fs (svn_fs.h) API.  It presents the repository as a
filesystem, and gives you the ability to look at history as well.