Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2003/05/20 06:17:23 UTC

BDB 4.1.25 support was Re: Subversion 0.23.0 released.

--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 12:24 AM -0400 WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org>
wrote:

> Not, as I had been doing, this:
> ../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB \
> --enable-cxx --enable-java --enable-rpc --enable-tcl --enable-test
> --enable-umrw
>
> The second invocation will somehow breaks the Apache 2.0 compatibility test
> when it looks for db.h and immediately decides the one it found isn't the
> right version, thereby stopping Apache 2.0 from *seeing* it as the correct
> db4 installation...

FWIW, I just tried building BDB 4.1.25 with those options and installed it and
both Subversion and httpd found it just fine with the --with-berkeley-db
option.

I think you have another issue.  Perhaps you have another installed BDB that
the linker (or compiler) is picking up.  SVN's configure script will enforce
that the BDB headers and the libraries match up.  If they don't match, SVN
will not mark it as found.  -- justin