Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Sameer Gijare <sa...@persistent.co.in> on 2008/10/21 12:11:21 UTC

Support for fault handling in Apache ODE 1.2

Hi

    Does Apache ODE 1.2 support fault handling and client time out?
Please let me know your comments on this.

Thanks and Regards
Sameer Gijare

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: Support for fault handling in Apache ODE 1.2

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
Hi Sameer,

Fault handling is broad but we support all of what there is to support in
BPEL 2.0 and even a little more. That includes throwing fault and catching
them, handling WSDL faults and SOAP faults and eventual compensation.

The client timeout itself is configurable and when a timeout happens, it's
assimilated to a failure. We then have a failure recovery mechanism that
lets you configure whether you want force the throwing of a fault, retry
automatically (and how many times) or retry manually.

Hope this helps,
Matthieu