Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Don Hill <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 05:16:49 UTC

build question

Hi,

I know this is probably more of a maven question but after I do a mvn clean
install and I am working on some classes in
applications/console/geronimo-console-standard, what is the process that is
followed to build just this module and then do a 'mvn install \ mvn -Ptools
geronimo:start'

I just need a better way to perform build/test cycles.

Thanks.
Don

Re: build question

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Mar 8, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Don Hill wrote:
> I know this is probably more of a maven question but after I do a
> mvn clean install and I am working on some classes in applications/
> console/geronimo-console-standard, what is the process that is
> followed to build just this module and then do a 'mvn install \ mvn
> -Ptools geronimo:start'

Er... mvn install ;-)

> I just need a better way to perform build/test cycles.

Ya, don't we all ;-)

Unfortunately with the configs/* and assembly/* bits, there is no
really easy way to just rebuild the bits that have changed quickly.

You probably want to do something like:

(cd applications/console; mvn install)
(cd configs/webconsole-jetty6; mvn install)
(cd assemblies/geronimo-jetty6-jee5; mvn install)
mvn -Ptools geronimo:start

Assuming that nothing else from modules/* has been changed, then that
should be the quickest way to test changes to the console.ear.

--jason

Re: build question

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Ug... this doesn't sound very easy... and would mean a bunch more
"magic" in the build, which I would rather avoid.  I'd like to see if
we can speed up the normal build so that its reasonable to just `mvn
install` and in a *reasonable* amount of time have a new build.

For quicker turn around for app-development (including the console
muck), perhaps the eclipse-plugin integration is better... though
I've yet to even try that.

--jason

Re: build question

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.