Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Punte <st...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/04 04:56:50 UTC

[NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

 I just posted to the user group an add for my services titled
 "Cocoon Consultant."  I realized I am not as intimately
 familiar with the platform as many of you are, but I have been
 around the block a few times with Cocoon.

 IMHO, Cocoon has a training and credibility gap with the greater
 software community that is holding back its' wide-spread usage:
 see numerous user group flames.  While independent consultants
 are not the answers to all the problems, perhaps they/I can
 hand-hold the more timid and less savvy generation of users into
 the fold.  Often solving a difficult problem from perusing
 a variety of documentation sites and trying to ask the question
 you don't really know is very formidable, frustrating, and
 not for the faint of heart.

 Just wanted to state what I was up to.

Steven P. Punte
Candlelight Software
By Candlelight If Necessary!
stevep@candlelightsoftware.com
http://www.candlelightsoftware.com

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Michael Melhem <mi...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:03:16PM +1100, Tony Culshaw wrote:
> Great Idea.
>
> There are 7 "experts" I know of in Sydney Australia.

Geeez, many companies using Cocoon in Sydney?

Michael.

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 05.Feb.2003 -- 02:44 PM, Steven Noels wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >Forget Belgium, let's have a Cocoon GetTogether right here :)  On a beach
> >somewhere..
> >
> >http://cvs.apache.org/~jefft/tmp/summer.jpg
>
> note_to_self():
>     throw(BeachParty at next GetTogether)

+Long.MAX_VALUE

 dB-D

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> Forget Belgium, let's have a Cocoon GetTogether right here :)  On a beach
> somewhere..
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/~jefft/tmp/summer.jpg

note_to_self():
     throw(BeachParty at next GetTogether)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Cocoon Meeting was "[NOTE] Cocoon Consultant"

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 05 February 2003 21:45, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> +100 for a tropic country!
> (average temperature -20? last weeks here)
>
> But I have a friend in Canada who told me that it was -40C there in
> Monreal, so it seems that Moscow is not that bad ;)

If there is any interest, I think can organize a Cocoon/Apache meeting in
Malaysia;

* 3 days Cocoon/Apache conference in Kuala Lumpur
* 4 days living on a tropical small island (think Survivor Premier) and deep
sea fishing for marlin, sharks, spanish mackerel, dorados and more... Scuba
diving available for licensed divers as alternative, at the same location.
See some photos; http://niclas.hedhman.org/niclas/

With;
* Always +32 degrees Celsius daytime, +25 at night.
* Wonderful, hot & spicy food (mild also available)
* Bustling city life, world tallest buildings, shopper's paradise and an
all-week nightlife.
* Affordable prices. Reasonably nice hotels starting at USD30 per night, 5
star hotels at <USD100. Bring your life partner, room price the same.

I think it is possible to leave Europe/USA on Friday, arrive back on the
following Sunday.

An off-my-head budget for such package would come to somewhere around
air-ticket + ~USD500 per person (shopping not included).

Anyone interested?

Niclas

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Antonio Gallardo" <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
> Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
> > Jeff Turner wrote:

> >> Wow, are there?
> >>
> >> Forget Belgium, let's have a Cocoon GetTogether right here :)  On a
> >> beach somewhere..
> >>
> >> http://cvs.apache.org/~jefft/tmp/summer.jpg
> That was cruel! lol :-) What about a exotic country like Nicaragua. I can
> have arrange a meeting in a beach hotel.  :-) Maybe this is a crazy idea,
> but in the tropic the sun really shine. :-D

+100 for a tropic country!
(average temperature -20? last weeks here)

But I have a friend in Canada who told me that it was -40C there in Monreal,
so it seems that Moscow is not that bad ;)

-- Konstantin

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:03:16PM +1100, Tony Culshaw wrote:
> Great Idea.
>
> There are 7 "experts" I know of in Sydney Australia.
>
> YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!

Wow, are there?

Forget Belgium, let's have a Cocoon GetTogether right here :)  On a beach
somewhere..

http://cvs.apache.org/~jefft/tmp/summer.jpg

> > The Cocoon webpage has a Links section of;
> > * Cocoon Links
> > * Live Sites
> > * Cocoon Hosting
> >
> > Couldn't we add "3rd Party Services" and/or "3rd Party Products" to
> > that?

+1

--Jeff

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Tony Culshaw <to...@cultech.com.au>.
Great Idea.

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: [NOTE] Cocoon Consultant

Posted by Steven Punte <st...@yahoo.com>.
The "need" isn't really for the high end caliber services.  Rather it just seems to be more the "help, I'm stuck and lost."  Time will tell.
    steve
 Tony Collen <tc...@neuagency.com> wrote:Heh, yeah, I've thought of doing the same -- not necesarily announcing it
on the lists -- but when I think of calling myself a Cocoon "expert", then
I look at all the other people on the list, and then I'm immediately
humbled. :) It would be nice to build a small business out of working
exclusively with Cocoon, though.

All in good time, I hope.

Tony

--