Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Fiz Newyorker <fi...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/11 22:19:43 UTC

How to implement Incremental Indexing.

Hello Solr Group Team,

I am working on Solr 6.5 and indexing data from MongoDB 3.2.5. I want to
know the best practices to implement incremental indexing.

Every 30 mins the Updated Data in Mongo DB needs to indexed on Solr. How to
implement this. ? How would Solr know whenever there is an update on
Mongodb ?  Indexing should run automatically. Should I setup any crone Jobs
?

 Please let me know how to proceed further on the above requirement.

Right now I am doing indexing manually.

Thanks
Fiz Ahmed

Re: How to implement Incremental Indexing.

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Fiz
Here is a blog article that seems to cover your plans
https://www.toadworld.com/platforms/nosql/b/weblog/archive/2017/02/03/indexing-mongodb-data-in-apache-solr

Also look at github, there are several projects which could do it for you.
Cheers -- Rick