Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/29 04:23:11 UTC

Hadoop demand

Hi,

if you search for "Hadoop" on Dice, you get under 400 hits. We all have no
doubt that the demand is greater. Does it mean that companies prefer to
train their personnel rather than search for hard-to-find resources? One
indication that this is true would be Cloudera's training being sold out :)
Another - Hadoop books being bestseller, which is true for Tom White's book
with 5,000 Amazon bestseller rank.

Your thoughts?

Thank you,
Mark

Re: Hadoop demand

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com>.
In Dice terms, 99.5% have not even thought of needing a Hadoop engineer. Do
I get your drift?

Re: Hadoop demand

Posted by Mike Nute <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop demand