Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/13 18:51:47 UTC

can anyone make sense of this

I have the latest tomcat 5.0 installed on windows server 2003 with java
5. I run startup.bat and call a servlet that hits a jboss instance
remotely. Looking through the connection events with TDIMon ( from
www.sysinternals.com ) I notice that a process tomcat5.exe sends a UDP
datagram on port 137 to the remote server just before creating the TCP
connection. Now, what I don't understand is

1. All the other network events are created by the process java.exe. I
am not running any tomcat.exe - in fact I have deleted them. There is no
tomcat5.exe process in the task manager so what is going on here.

2. this is a very slow. tomcat5.exe makes about three udp datagrams and
takes about 2 seconds.

3. I realise that this may be a jboss issue but if anyone can confirm ro
deny this I would appreciate this

thanks