Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Wm.A.Stafford" <st...@marine.rutgers.edu> on 2010/08/23 17:35:12 UTC

[DIGESTER] can stack trace be turned off?

I'm  using digester in a utility that checks to see if a particular
document has been added to a web service repository.  If the document
exists it is returned and digester parses it without error.  If the
document does not exist the server sends a one line html document that
causes digester to throw a parse error.

     try {
            curDoc = digester.parse(curURL) ;
        } catch ( Exception e ) {
            System.out.println("No document found for " + curURL );
       }

In addition to throwing an exception  the digester.parse() call will
also result in a stack trace when a parse error is encountered.  Users
are getting confused by the trace information so I would like to
suppress it.  I don't see any mention of this in digester docs, does
anyone know how to do it?

Thanks for any help or advice,
-=b