Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com> on 2013/04/19 12:25:39 UTC

what are the technical reason for not supporting security groups on ovs?

Thanks,
SWAMY

Re: what are the technical reason for not supporting security groups on ovs?

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Security groups are stateful firewalls -- currently it is not possible to
do stateful firewalling inside OVS (you could write a controller or buy
one that does it however). KVM (linux v 3.2 onwards) now has the ability
to chain OVS and bridge so technically it should be possible only on those
hypervisors.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.