Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Liu, Richard" <ri...@verizon.com> on 2004/02/05 00:52:59 UTC

Open Excel File from a Portlet

I am having trouble to open an Excel file (.xls file extension) from a portlet using a HTML link.  When I click on the link the raw text of the xls file is displayed rather than Microsoft Excel opening the document.  (The document can be opened successfully in a browser if I choose Open from the File menu.)

I have looked into email archives. There were some discussions on this in 2001, but there is no final solution for this. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Richard