Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@hp.com> on 2003/10/02 13:08:29 UTC

How to work with MBeans?

Hi,

I was about to have sent the following message, but came across the tool
mentioned already on the list - JMX Browser from
http://www.ejtools.org/applications/jmx.browser/. That's exactly what I
was looking for.

Would you recommend to use or forget about it and looking for an
alternative?

============
How are mbeans deployed in Geronimo tested? There's a web app - JMX
console - but it doesn't allow to invoke operations. As Geronimo comes
with several mbeans it must be a way to test them out without coding -
something like a JMX Browser.

-Jacek

Re: How to work with MBeans?

Posted by "n. alex rupp" <ru...@umn.edu>.
Invocation support is next on the list of things to do for the management
console.  Unfortunately, I'm too busy this week to work on it, but I imagine
we'll be able to support invocations in the next several weeks.

Cheers,
--
N. Alex Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)

Re: How to work with MBeans?

Posted by Eric LE GOFF <el...@free.fr>.
Very helpful stuff  Jacek.
I  would definitely think it is worth writing a Wiki page for this
procedure.

Eric
Posted by Martin Kastner <ma...@wertefrei.de>.
What?

RE: How to work with MBeans?

mkurjano at users.sourceforge.net

--
Matt Kurjanowicz
mkurjano@cc.gatech.edu

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.

Re: How to work with MBeans?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@hp.com>.
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> There is also MC4J.

Any hints on how to set up the tools so that they will be able to
connect to Geronimo? I keep trying, but don't think I finish soon with
no others' help.

> Jeremy

-Jacek

RE: How to work with MBeans?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
There is also MC4J.

I do any testing from the unit test suite by invoking them directly.

--
Jeremy