Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Vassilis Virvilis <v....@biovista.com> on 2009/04/06 16:25:43 UTC

wsdl documentation tags

Hi everybody,

A new requirement has come up and I really need to ask more knowledgable guys.

Is there a way to inject the in a wsdl the <documentation> tag in java first approach.

Ideally it could pick the information from comments in the source (class wide, and per operation)
but if this is not possible I am eager to listen for any other way.

Pointer to existing threads / discussions / JIRA / examples are more than welcome.

Thanks

       Vassilis

Re: wsdl documentation tags

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu April 9 2009 2:42:46 am Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
> On Thursday 09 April 2009, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > On Wed April 8 2009 8:18:58 am Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1353
> > >
> > > What's the status on that?
> >
> > As far as I know, no one has really started on it yet.
>
> Would you think using javadoc (via API) to be an acceptable way of doing
> it? or you prefer extra @documentation attributes?
> Personally I think the javadoc is a better way since it reduces the
> duplication.

Well, we HAVE to have the @Docuementation type things to support the "java
first, wsdl created at runtime" type situation.   In that case, the javadoc is
definitely not likely to be available.   (most people don't package their
.java source in the jar with their application)    The javadoc stuff would be
nice, but we'd still need a runtime method of doing it.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: wsdl documentation tags

Posted by Vassilis Virvilis <v....@biovista.com>.
On Thursday 09 April 2009, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Wed April 8 2009 8:18:58 am Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1353
> >
> > What's the status on that?
>
> As far as I know, no one has really started on it yet.

Would you think using javadoc (via API) to be an acceptable way of doing it?
or you prefer extra @documentation attributes?
Personally I think the javadoc is a better way since it reduces the duplication.

    .bill

Re: wsdl documentation tags

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: wsdl documentation tags

Posted by Vassilis Virvilis <v....@biovista.com>.
On Monday 06 April 2009, Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> A new requirement has come up and I really need to ask more knowledgable guys.
>
> Is there a way to inject the in a wsdl the <documentation> tag in java first approach.
>
> Ideally it could pick the information from comments in the source (class wide, and per operation)
> but if this is not possible I am eager to listen for any other way.
>
> Pointer to existing threads / discussions / JIRA / examples are more than welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
>        Vassilis

I just found this.

What's the status on that?