Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by FT...@aol.com on 2001/12/07 23:20:50 UTC

newbie UserDir

Hey,

  I am a college freshman trying to understand all these programming
concepts.  I have installed Apacher Server 1.3.22 on Win 32.  My current
dilemma is that I cannot find how to set my users at ~user to have their own
respective DirectoryIndex instead of the main server index file.  Is this
possible?  I have tried using:

UserDir /public_html/
DirectoryIndex /public_html/filename.html

but the help documents provide minimal help.

~ft