Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Varun Rajavelu <va...@tangotech.co.in> on 2020/10/23 12:58:09 UTC

Phoenix connection issue

Hi,,

I'm currently using HDP 2.6 and hbase1.5 and phoenix 4.7 and presto-server
which i have been using presto344. Im facing issue while connecting
prestoserver with hbase;

*./presto --server localhost:14100 --catalog phoenix*
*Issue:*
Fri Oct 23 18:11:06 IST 2020, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException:
callTimeout=60000, callDuration=69066: Call to
sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com/127.0.0.1:16020 failed on local exception:
java.io.EOFException row 'SYSTEM:CATALOG,,' on table 'hbase:meta' at
region=hbase:meta,,1.1588230740,
hostname=sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com,16020,1603447852070,
seqNum=0

*My presto catalog Config:*
connector.name=phoenix
phoenix.connection-url=jdbc:phoenix:localhost:2181:/hbase-unsecure
phoenix.config.resources=/home/desa/Downloads/hbase_schema/hbase-site.xml

Kindly please have a look and help me to resolve this issue.

--
Thanks

Varun Rajavelu
*Data Engineer*  Tango Eye

m: 9698747276
w: *www.tangoeye.io <http://www.tangoeye.io/>* e: varun@tangotech.co.in
<ke...@tangotech.co.in>

Re: Phoenix connection issue

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
If you are not using Kerberos authentication, then you need to figure
out how your DNS names are resolving for your VM. A
SocketTimeoutException means that your client could not open an socket
to that host:port which was specified. Likely, this is something you
need to figure out with your VM.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.