Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Kinicky <ki...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 21:22:03 UTC

JSPWiki in portuguese

Hi everyone!

i saw that JSPWiki doesn't support portuguese language and i would like to
help in that. What can i do??

tks!

=)

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
if you have finished the translation, it's best to create a JIRA issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI), and attach the files there.

regards,
Harry

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Greg Kable <gr...@jspwiki.arbler.com>.
Kinicky wrote:
> oh, sorry, now i understand! i created file with pt_BR

I should have been more precise in the way I phrased my previous email.
pt_BR is just another way of writing the ISO code and, in fact, the
method used by Java and JSPWiki.  If you intended to create a Brazilian
Portuguese resource bundle for JSPwiki, that's the correct code (i.e.
the core resource file should be called CoreResources_pt_BR.properties).
  A standard European Portuguese bundle would be called
CoreResources_pt.properties.

regards,
	Greg

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Kinicky <ki...@gmail.com>.

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Greg Kable <gr...@serapsys.com>.
Murray Altheim wrote:
> Greg Kable wrote:
>> Florian Holeczek wrote:
> The country and language codes are not managed by Microsoft, so using
> them as a resource relies on their accuracy. It's better to go to the
> source or to a maintenance agency. The source is ISO 3166:

You're dead right and I don't use them as the standard.  The list I
pointed to is just easier for most people than trying to explain both
ISO-639 and ISO-3166 to them.  Next time I won't be so lazy.

You're also right in that, while there are three letter and numeric
versions of these standards, you should stick to the two letter versions.

Regards,
	Greg

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Greg Kable wrote:
> Florian Holeczek wrote:
>> I've been told that European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese
>> differ quite a bit, just like de-DE and de-CH for example.
>> Are there separated ISO codes available? Which one do you create?
>> Would be bad to have it mixed up, I guess.
>
> I'm not a Portuguese speaker but I have done i18n before.  The correct
> code for Brazilian Portuguese is PT-BR.  The correct code for "standard"
> European Portuguese is PT.  MSDN has an accurate (for Microsoft) list of
> languages and codes at
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533052(VS.85).aspx

Greg,

The country and language codes are not managed by Microsoft, so using
them as a resource relies on their accuracy. It's better to go to the
source or to a maintenance agency. The source is ISO 3166:

   ISO Country Name codes:
   http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements
   http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/iso_3166_code_lists/english_country_names_and_code_elements.htm

see also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_code

For language codes, ISO 639 is the standard. The US Library of Congress
is a maintenance agency and publishes the official list:

   http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

see also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639

As you note in your subsequent email, the language code is to be used
in lowercase, followed by an underscore, followed by the country code
in uppercase, e.g., pt_BR, or en_GB. There are a number of two and
three letter language code combined with country code conventions, but
I think that's the one that's best.

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray09 at altheim dot com>                       ===  = =

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Greg Kable <gr...@serapsys.com>.

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Kinicky <ki...@gmail.com>.
i just created the portuguese part =)

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
Hi all,

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by João Condack <co...@primeup.com.br>.

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Kinicky <ki...@gmail.com>.

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by João Condack <co...@primeup.com.br>.
Hi Kinicky,

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
It's a little Java program that you can use to check your i18n files, you
can find it in the tests folder.

Harry

Re: JSPWiki in portuguese

Posted by Kinicky <ki...@gmail.com>.