Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Howard Zhou <ho...@clinicare.com> on 2007/02/12 23:29:41 UTC

problem runing self-signed CA on Tomcat 6

Hi, there,

In windows XP I use JDK1.6, Tomcat 6.0.9 and Internet Explorer 7.

I use keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA to create keystore and keys
( I used default path and password as password, not default value changit),
then configure server.xml in Tomcat. I redo the same process on three
computers.

I got warning from Explorer 7: my CA was issued by a different site. I
ignored it then continued. Https work O.K.

But On the red CA icon show Mismatched address.

1.	Is -alias tomcat a key word for Tomcat to use?
2.	How to delete old CA and create new self-signed CA? I used keytool
delete -alias tomcat but didn't work.
3.	Can I create more than one keystore and how to use it? I try but
only take old password so still on old keystore.
4.	I use tomcat with windows installation, Https will not work at all,
Https only work with start/stop with command/dos window with above mentioned
problem, why?

Thank you for any help

Howard